Bitten by the motorsport bug when she sampled go-karts on a family holiday in 2008, Renee is a female V8 Supercar driver competing in the 2017 Dunlop Super 2 Series for Team Caltex. This year marks the third year Renee will contest the Supercars development series and at the Townsville race finished in 9th which was her best round finish to date.
Renee has contested two Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 races alongside Swiss open wheel ace, Simona De Silvestro with the pair finishing the 2015 race in 21st position as the first all-female driver pairing to contest the historic race since 1998. 2016 saw an improvement to a more than commendable 14th place outright.
Renee made history in Australian motorsport in 2013, when at just 18 years of age she became the first ever female to compete in the Porsche Carrera Cup Australia, driving a Porsche 997 GT3 Cup car in the all-Porsche series for McElrea Racing. Her 2014 season yielded five top 10 race results, with a best finish of sixth at Phillip Island complimented by a 100 per cent race finishing record, matched only by five-time series champion Craig Baird.
A former equestrian horse rider, Renee has progressed through the ranks of Australia’s most competitive karting series where she was a genuine front runner driving against Australia’s very best. In fact, after a long hard season of racing Renee missed out on representing Australia at the 2011 Rotax World Karting finals by just one place. Unsurprisingly, Renee’s racing hero is NASCAR and IndyCar star Danica Patrick and Renee aims to have the same effect on Australian motorsport that Danica has had in the USA by becoming the first ever full-time female V8 Supercar star.
This driven 21-year-old's nickname is Devil Princess, with her good looks complimented by a highly competitive desire to take on, and beat the best in the business, in what is largely a male-dominated sporting pursuit.
- 1st place, Rotax Queensland Southern Star Titles
- Top ranked female karter, Rotax National Pro Tour (Junior
- 5th place, Rotax National Pro Tour (Juniors)
- Top ranked female karter, Rotax National Pro Tour (Junior Rotax)
- Podium finish, Victorian Open Karting Titles (Rotax Light)
Selected as part of 2011, 2012
Fujitsu Cool Driver Program
- Circuit racing debut in Aussie Racing Cars & Formula Ford
- Porsche Carrera Cup Australia (best finish of 12th)
- Porsche Carrera Cup Australia (best finish 6th, 100% finishing record)
- Dunlop V8 Supercar Championship (best finish of 12th)
- First all female Bathurst 1000 driver pairing since 1998 (finished 21st)
2016 - Claimed 19th place in the Dunlop Series with a best finish of 12th (three times)
2016 - Finished the Bathurst 1000 race in 14th position alongside Swiss driver Simona De Silvestro